WE NEED YOU !!!!
Family Foundations are currently looking to recruit Volunteers to support our families and young people – if you believe you have the commitment, motivation, empathy and desire to support others then please contact us now!
- Volunteering can seriously improve your health and feelings of wellbeing
- Volunteering can help you to make new friends and meet people you may not normally come across
- Volunteers can make a positive difference to the lives of others
- Volunteering can help you to see that you have so much to offer – your skills, your smile, your time, your patience, your knowledge, your support
- Volunteering give you experience of work that looks great on your CV, and real experiences to talk about in university applications or job interviews
- Volunteering is for everyone. No discrimination here!
As a family Foundations Volunteer we will provide you with a 9 week training programme to give you the confidence, skills and knowledge to support some of our communities’ most vulnerable individuals and families. We have a comprehensive training programme which is facilitated and managed by our team. Training is currently held on Monday evenings 6.00pm – 9.00 pm to provide you with maximum flexibility in relation to childcare, work and study commitments. We are currently looking at alternative times and days to run our training courses. Please continue to check this page for regular updates. Please see the information below for a comprehensive outline of our training programme and what you can expect to learn.
What’s in in for me?
- Experience – work experience, experience of trying new things, experience to update your CV – volunteering does this.
- Skills – Develop your skills to the next level. Get new skills. Use the skills you have – listening, talking to others, IT, team work, practical or business skills – volunteering does this.
- Confidence building – You can do it! Volunteering is a great way to see that you can do so much more than you ever thought possible and be appreciated while you try – volunteering does this.
- Socialising – are you new to the area? Maybe you haven’t been out for a while and would like to venture out again, meet new people – volunteering does this.
- Have fun during your free time – everyone deserves to enjoy themselves during their free time. Volunteering offers loads of way to have fun without loads of pressure – volunteering does this.
- Getting back out there – when you’ve been ill, lived away from the area, been out of work or made redundant it’s easy to lose motivation and direction – try volunteering – it can give you a whole new direction!
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer or wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact us either by phone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or complete the registration form above and return to us.